Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Winfield and Barrett To Vote '2 and Only 2': Garner and Bohen

Statement of Mayor Joe Winfield
Oro Valley Mayor Joe Winfield issued a statement that was published in the Explorer today.  Winfield is voting for '2 and only 2' in this election. The two are Bill Garner and Tim Bohen.

The following is the text of his statement:

"I had not intended to endorse candidates in the Council's primary election. However, I cannot reman silent while the two best candidates are maligned in costly attacks and mailers.

I will vote for Tim Bohen and Bill Garner in the Town Council primary election. I believe these gentlemen will always place residents first through fiscal responsibility, supporting public safety and defending the General Plan.

Please join me in voting for Bill Garner and Tim Bohen!"

Statement of Vice Mayor Barrett
In an email sent to the Explorer, Vice Mayor Melanie Barrett issued the following statement in support of Garner and Bohen.

"The non-partisan Town election is often decided in the Primary. This year the primary is on August 4th. I plan to vote for two individuals in the Primary election: Tim Bohen and Bill Garner."

Her message continues: "Both Bill Garner and Tim Bohen have committed not to accept large donations from special interests and developers, and will be focused on meeting the needs of our residents. They will seek citizen input, keep Oro Valley safe and financially secure, and honor our voter approved General Plan.

I would like to invite my fellow residents to join me in voting for Bill Garner and Tim Bohen on August 4th."
---