Sunday, September 21, 2008

Thanks Zee Man

Some of our readers may have noticed that as of the end of August, the Zee Man has been doing a great job of posting all the goings on in Oro Valley.

It's not that I gave up the job, but for the last 25 days, my wife and I have been touring & cruising around a number of places in Europe.

I guess it's good to be back.

Speaking of Europe----I noticed the Zee Man posted the letter John Musolf wrote to the Explorer concerning Mayor Loomis taking a one week sojourn to Germany & Switzerland back in May.

The question remains open as to what Mr. Loomis accomplished for the people of Oro Valley for $10,000 plus.

As far as I could determine, the mayor gave a two minute speech to the folks at Roche, supposedly telling them how much we love Ventana Medical being in our community.

That's about it. With DVDs, CDs & teleconferencing, might it have been more economically practicle for Mayor Loomis to have stayed home and have either Mayor Walkup or Mr. Treo---I mean Mr. David Welsh take the two minute spot?

If nothing else, now that we're well into September, isn't it about time for Loomis to justify this expense with, if nothing else, a trip report to the council & citizens?

Perhaps that's asking too much!

Thanks again to The Zee Man for a great job. I doubt if I was even missed.

Art