Thursday, February 11, 2010

A "Must Read"--- Phil Richardson About Mike Zinkin

For those that do not know our 80+ year old friend Phil Richardson, let me tell you one of his greatest attributes is honesty. When Phil talks, I listen. Hopefully, those of you that don't know Phil,will read what he says about Mike Zinkin, and listen.

Thanks
Art
*************************************************************************************


Friends & Neighbors

We have a superlative product in Mike Zinkin but I am disappointed that the extensive coverage by the Explorer did not differentiate the vast differences between actual community involvement in citizens' committees in Oro Valley that support the government, and consequently us citizens as regards - Satish Hiremath vs Mike Zinkin.

I shall not denigrate the Chamber of Commerce membership, but between us voters, GOVAC which renamed itself in a pique, has since attempted to disassociate itself from Oro Valley and its Citizens - in fact, changed its name to the Southern Arizona Arts and Cultural Alliance. The connection Dr. Hiremath has - is picayune....minuscule, in comparison to the thousands of hours of service given by Mike Zinkin to the organizations listed on his most recent flier:

Judge me unfair, but my concern is that this important differences have been given short shrift; inadequately ignored in all of our efforts. Maybe you and the rest of the voters are aware of the importance of all that Mike has achieved, but I'm not.

Prospective voters need to be appraised of how important is to know that Mike has graduated from the Oro Valley Citizen's Planning Institute twice. I doubt that many of those on the ballot have done it once. How about Dr. Hiremath?

I know none of them, including Dr. Hiremath, have been members of the Oro Valley Development Review Board - never two years as Chairman. I would bet many of the candidates can even tell you what it does! I certainly can't.

I don't know who are the members of the Steam Pump Ranch Task Force as Mike has been.

Has Satish Hiremath or any other candidate vying for a seat on the Council served as a Member of the Oro Valley Capital Improvement Committee, as Mike has? We should have been asking that question.

Yes, Mike's information is delineated in short sentences preceded by a bullet on the backside of the very excellent flier - but I feel that we have somehow dropped the candy in the sand and we should do everything possible to get the vast differences in experience out there.

I am not qualified to do so. I hardly know what these very important quasi-governmental and Oro Valley directed committees do, nor how they were set up and what their mission is...and I still consider myself and am regarded as somewhat of an outsider. But I can tell the forest from the trees.

Phil

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said. I do not feel that The Explorer lack of attention was just an oversight. It is my belief that they have their candidate and since it is not Mike, his service is given short shrift.
What can we do about it? Grassroots efforts. Call 10 people that will vote and let them know why you are supporting Mike. That sound you are about to hear is my phone being dialed, how about dialing yours today.

Fear the Turtle said...

The Explorer never delivers their paper on a consistent basis. Every week it looks like every other house in our development receives a paper.
This was my week to miss a delivery. Thanks go out to LOVE for a link to their articles.

I'm glad I don't advertise in this paper.