Thursday, March 14, 2024

Meet Council Candidate Elizabeth Robb

Meet Elizabeth Robb in her own words
We met Elizabeth Robb last week with the purpose of providing insights to our readers about who she is and why she decided to run for a council seat in the July election. Here is what she had to say. The words are hers...the subtitles are ours.

A Passion for Education and Community
 "Since the boys were in elementary, I jumped in… started helping with the school, whenever and wherever they needed help and with the PTO. I also got involved with Cub Scouts, I started helping in the High School as a classified substitute teacher."

A business owner of "Elizabeth's Garden"
Robb reminisces about the humble beginnings of her agricultural venture, highlighting her passion for farming and entrepreneurship.  "Elizabeth's Garden started with a garden overflowing with tomatoes... and it's gone crazy from there. Now I've got a whole general store." You have likely have seen her at the town's Saturday Farmer's Market, 

A LOVE of Oro Valley
"The army brought me out here. Then I went to Germany for a couple of years. Then I came back and met my husband and stayed…We already knew we liked this school district. And then we looked at Oro Valley and the area around. I was like, you know, this is perfect." 

A focus on supporting public safety
”We have a fabulous, wonderful, safe community. We've got a great police department. We've been supporting them well. And we need to keep doing that.”

Preserving recreation and open space
 “Oro Valley is a great place for outdoor recreation, and it needs to stay that way. There’s so much fun recreational outdoor activities that people can do of all levels.” Robb reeled off a list to us" "…the aquatic center….playgrounds… parks…archery…Steam Pump Ranch…movies…bike events...We’ve got pickleball, we've got the weight facility that's in the community center, which my son is using. And then we've got all the trails in the mountains and all the trails around town, bike paths. ...You want to find something to do they offer all those classes.”

Assuring our water supply
“We have enough water available as long as we don't overbuild. We need to stay within what our water supply is, keep our water use reasonable, try to preserve it. We live in a desert. And there's lots of issues coming up with water and I don't know any good solutions to, but we'll try and find the best one we possibly can.”

Ensuring responsible development
"No development is not realistic... but we can't have completely out of control development that's going to change the atmosphere and the feel and the function of Oro Valley."

A decision to make a first hand difference
"Over the past three years, I’ve watched the events surrounding the [Oro Valley Church of the Nazarene] request for a sports complex rezoning. I’ve gained insight into how our town operates from this and from my experience in building our garage and interacting with planning and zoning. As a result, I’ve been paying closer attention to Oro Valley's affairs, recognizing various zoning issues and studying town agendas. I realized there's an opportunity for positive change, and I know I can help. My background as a company commander and involvement in brigade and battalion staff have equipped me with experience in meetings, planning, and working with diverse groups. Additionally, my involvement with various committees and organizations, such as PTOs and Boy Scouts, has honed my skills in organizing people and achieving objectives."

Want to learn more?
You can learn more about Elizabeth Robb? Visit her campaign website.
- - -