The Oro Valley Town Council voted unanimously to continue a request for exceptions for a proposed commercial development on the northwest corner of LaCanada and Naranja Drive. Last month, council had approved a conditional use permit for the property. Council voiced considerable concern regarding the impact of the project on the traffic at that intersection. That intersection is currently rated an "E or F" (Low performance...longer delays) during some hours of the day. The project crams three buildings and a drive thru facility on a dry small lot. There is significant resident opposition to this project. In our opinion, the project does not benefit Oro Valley but it will benefit the developer.
We have not been reporting about the process of selecting a new town manager. There has not been anything to report. Yesterday, the Council met in special session the status of the process and next steps. The recruiter, Ralph Andersen & Associates, has identified 40 resumes. The next step are structured panel interviews.
The schedule is:
- Town Council has access to the resumes today. The resumes are classified in three tiers: Top Tier; Alternates and All Others.
- Council meets in executive session next Wednesday to discuss candidates
- Council will interview candidates the following week.
- The town will release the names of an submitted materials regarding 2-3 finalists the week of April 3.
- Council will make a selection mid April
(Source: March 13, 2023 Recruiter Memo to Council)
- - -