Monday, June 20, 2022

Guest View-Danny Sharp: Greetings LOVE Readers

In early July, Oro Valley voters will be receiving ballots for the 2022 election or a Mayor and three town council members. LOVE plans to keep you informed regarding each candidate. In this regard, we’ve offered the pages of LOVE to each candidate. We’ve asked that they submit guest views. Danny Sharp, mayoral candidate,  has provided the following “Guest View”.
- - -
Greetings LOVE readers,

With only a few weeks until early ballots are sent out, I thought I would take a moment to check in and give all of you a quick update. I have really been enjoying meeting with business owners and residents in the community. I have met so many wonderful people who have just moved to Oro Valley in the last couple years, and when I ask them why they chose Oro Valley, the answer is always the same- they came for the great schools and for the safety.

As many of you know, I spent twenty years of my lengthy law enforcement career serving our community as Chief of Police and I worked diligently alongside our incredible Police Department Staff and our great community members to ensure that Oro Valley was one of the safest Towns in all of Arizona. I wanted to be a Chief who was easily accessible and who encouraged resident input. I hosted many community outreach programs, such as “Coffee With a Cop”’, where I was able to engage with residents. I prided myself on being accessible, transparent, and trustworthy and I absolutely plan to continue with these same values as Mayor.

For those of you who are unaware, there will be a public forum on June 28th at the Church of the Nazarene. Please see the attached flyer for more details. 

Please remember that this election will be decided in the Primary and not the General Election. In-person voting is Aug. 2nd. Please contact the Pima County Recorder’s Office to obtain an early ballot or to have one sent to you, should you be out of town

Respectfully,
Danny Sharp