Monday, July 14, 2014

Guest View-Patrick Straney: Why I Want To Be Your Mayor

As we approach the high energy season of the 2014 election cycle, several thoughts come to mind. I realize how fortunate I am to be a citizen of the United States of America, with all of our freedoms and inalienable rights. Along with this freedom comes responsibility and accountability.

I decided to seek office as Your Mayor for many reasons. Foremost, as a resident of this extraordinary community - which is the Town of Oro Valley - I consider it an honor as a responsible citizen to have the opportunity to provide the leadership, integrity, vision, and commitment required to help guide Oro Valley to a sustainable higher level of excellence in community services while preserving the history, culture and uniqueness that define Oro Valley. A key component of this leadership is the consideration of the needs of all residents, well beyond a focus on special interest segments of our Town. I hold the position of Mayor in high regard and will work to ensure that important key issues for the Town of Oro Valley are fully vetted I believe that energetic debate, discussion and consideration of alternate points of view will lead us toward a shared vision where important issues can be resolved through compromise, cooperation and teamwork. I look forward to a lively “Community Conversation.”

I have had the pleasure of serving as the President of the Rancho Vistoso HOA Board for the past seven years. During this time, I have learned a lot about community management and governance. Rancho Vistoso has witnessed exceptional growth centered on a solid fiscal policy. This was achieved, in large part – because of the commitment of many volunteers who gave unselfishly of their time and talents. I will work to implement that cohesiveness for the entire Town of Oro Valley. A community is stronger because of its citizen’s active involvement.

Although my management experience was honed in a large corporate structure, I fully understand the needs of small business and will seek “value added” opportunities that empower and expand the capabilities and success of our small and large business community in a consistent and mutually beneficial way. In addition, I believe that my extensive and proven “large organization” business skills have direct application to on-going development of excellence in municipal government.

Please join me in making Oro valley the best that it can be for all residents and businesses alike. “The Place to Live, Work and Play” in Southern Arizona.

I appreciate your consideration in this election. Please visit my website at www.VotePatStraneyMayor.com for more information.

Thank you for your support!

Patrick (Pat) Straney
Candidate for Mayor – Oro Valley, AZ.

1 comment:

Richard Furash, MBA said...

Thank you for running for Mayor of Oro Valley. I pray you win!