A Sign Code Task Force has been appointed to review the issues on Oro Valley signs. The OV Vista notes the make-up of the committee.
Hopefully, the group will arrive at a consensus. Its recommendations will then be passed on to the council for final approval.
SIGN CODE TASK FORCE
A comprehensive review of the Town’s Sign Ordinance is under way, focusing on permanent signs, temporary signs, master sign programs, illumination standards, real estate signs and home builder signs. This update will include a series of meetings with the Sign Code Task Force, two focus group meetings and a community meeting.
The Task Force members are:
Citizens-at-Large (Zev Cywan, James Bowman and Mary Caswell)
• Chamber of Commerce (Ramon Gaanderse, President of the Northern Pima County
Chamber of Commerce)
• Commercial Developer (Barry Kitay, Whirlygig, Mercado at Canada Hills)
• Business Owner (Bonnie Quinn, Owner of Down Home Delights)
• Sign Company (Mark Jones, Fluoresco Lighting and Signs)
• DRB Member (Thomas Gribb)
• Real Estate Agent (Bob Semple, also a HOA Board Member)
• Town Staff:
• Paul Popelka, Acting Planning & Zoning Director
• Amanda Jacobs, Economic Development Manager
• Dee Widero, Zoning Program Supervisor
• Jonathan Lew, Planning Technician
If you would like to forward comments about the Town Sign Ordinance, please contact Mary Davis, communications administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your comments will be forwarded to the Sign Code Task Force.
Here is The Explorer article on this issue.