Monday, October 11, 2021

Election 2022: Danny Sharp Meeting With Community In Shaping His Mayoral Candidacy

This coming August, Oro Valley voters will cast ballots for the position of Mayor and three town council seats. LOVE plans to keep you informed of the candidacy of all who run for Council. 

LOVE will “play it straight”.  We will not endorse any candidate. Rather, we will do our best to provide you unfiltered information so that you can make an informed decision. 

Our pages will be open to any candidate who wants to communicate directly to you. With that in mind, we asked Danny Sharp to give us an update on his Mayoral candidacy. Danny is the town’s former Chief of Police.

Here’s the latest from Danny dated October 7:
- - -
“Since my announcement, I have been overwhelmed with the support I have received from our community. I’ve been busy meeting with residents and business owners in an effort to listen to their concerns, and learn as much as possible about the issues that matter the most to them. 

Public Safety is definitely a key issue with our residents, and one that has been integral throughout my entire career. As many know, I had the privilege and honor of serving our community as Chief of Police for over twenty years and I understand just how important Safety is in our community. 

As Mayor, I plan to take an inclusive approach and use my experience as a team builder and collaborator to expand upon the community policing model that I instituted during my tenure as police chief, and apply this successful approach to the rest of town government.

Through this inclusive and fully transparent approach we can ensure the economic prosperity of our community, the availability of good well-paying jobs, and the further enhancement of our quality of life all while ensuring that the Town of Oro Valley never has to institute a property tax.”

For more information please visit www.dannysharpformayor.com.