The election pamphlet that you will receive will explain the tax. In doing so, the pamphlet will include arguments for and against the bond offering. The deadline for submitting those arguments is tomorrow.
Anyone may submit an argument for publication. However, as you will note further, it will cost you a whopping $250 to do so.
However, LOVE welcomes all views. So you are welcome to send us a Guest View and, assuming it meets our guidelines (see right panel) we will publish it for free.
The following is the Town Of Oro Valley press release that presents further detail:
"Deadline is Friday, July 21, to submit arguments “for” or “against” Naranja Park bond question
Oro Valley, Arizona (July 17, 2017) – As a reminder, any persons wishing to submit an argument “for” or “against” the Naranja Park bond question must do so by 5 p.m. this Friday, July 21, 2017. Arguments will be included in the informational voter pamphlet that is prepared and mailed to each household with a registered voter not less than 35 days before the date of the election. The bond question will appear on the November 7, 2017 ballot.
Arguments must meet the following requirements in order to be accepted for publication:
- Argument shall not exceed 300 words in length.
- Argument shall contain a sworn statement of each person sponsoring it.
- Argument shall include the residence or post office address and telephone number of each person signing the argument.
- Argument shall be submitted to the Oro Valley Town Clerk in an electronic format, preferably Microsoft Word.
- Argument shall include a payment of $250 (as allowed by Arizona state law).
- As required by law, all information—including the $250 fee—must be received by the Oro Valley Town Clerk by 5 p.m. on Friday, July 21, 2017.
For complete details on submitting an argument, you may read the official Public Notice from the Clerk’s Office. Click or copy/paste this URL into your browser: https://www.orovalleyaz.gov/sites/default/files/media/docs/2017/instructions-submitting-arguments-or-against.pdf
To learn more about the Naranja Park Bond Project, please review the May 4, 2017 press release and the project overview document at the links provided below.
- May 4, 2017 press release: https://www.orovalleyaz.gov/town/news/naranja-park-bond-question-will-be-placed-november-ballot
- Map and project overview: https://www.orovalleyaz.gov/sites/default/files/media/docs/2017/naranjaparkbond-projectsheet-web.pdf "