Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Oro Valley Resident: Golf's A Losing Proposition

We received this email from an Oro Valley resident. The individual is personally knowledgeable of the golf business. We thought we would share it with you.
---
"I worked for [name of golf firm withheld from publication] from the years 2000-2004.  If a person were to google that company they would see that in 2001 the company managed 295 golf courses world wide. The company then began to sell parts of the holdings, reducing those to owning 27 leasing 54 and managing 11. At that point time the days of building and running Golf courses was a losing business.

My point why do a city council think feel they know better to own and run a golf course.

Troon golf is a top notch company and if they can't make it work, it won't work. It seem to me the only way out is a property tax. Thanks to the people of Oro Valley who trusted our council we all will suffer!

I wish I could say something positive, but can't.
---