Thursday, August 2, 2012

Guest View-Mark Napier: Being Your Sheriff Matters

---
Oro Valley resident and former council candidate is seeking the Republican candidacy for Pima County Sheriff.  We think its great when one of our own, an Oro Valley resident, seeks to serve in a broader role.  With that in mind, please read the following Guest View from Mark. 
---
Hello Friends,

As you may know, I am running for Pima County Sheriff.  I have 28 years of law enforcement experience, 21 of those years being with the Tucson Police Department.  I rose through the ranks and retired as a Police Captain in 2008.  During my time with the Tucson Police Department I went back to college and got my B.S. in Social Psychology and then went on to get my Master’s Degree from Boston University in Criminal Justice.  After retired from TPD, I accepted the position of Assistant Director with the Glendale Police Department.  I am currently the Associate Director of Parking and Transportation Services at the University of Arizona.

I am running for Sheriff because it is crystal clear that it is time for a new Sheriff.  We are not receiving leadership from the current Sheriff on important issues.  Among these are border safety, attacking crime and maintaining a fiscally responsible department.  Clarence Dupnik embarrassed the entire State with his outrageous comments after the tragic shooting of Gabriel Giffords.  He embarrassed us again when he declared that SB1070 was a racist unconstitutional law that he would not enforce.  We need real leadership not embarrassing rhetoric.  We need our Sheriff to provide the County with visible dynamic leadership.  When was the last time you saw our Sheriff?

I am asking for your support in the [republican] primary.  Early ballots will be sent out on August 2, the polls will open on August 28.  With your support through the primary, we can go forward and then win in November.  It’s time for a new Sheriff.  More information about me can be found on my website.  There is an e-mail link there and I would be happy to answer any questions you send to me.

Thank you,

Mark
---

6 comments:

Victorian Cowgirl said...

After reading Mr. Napier's Guest Views on this blog a few months ago, I considered him to be an objective and credible candidate.

However, after perusing his Facebook page and discovering that one of his "Likes" was Jesse Kelly...

There's just no defending that one.

Faveaunts said...

I've found that one rarely agrees with candidates 100% of the time. You have to study their key positions & ensure that you are aligned on those. Napier has experience & solid positions on what matters most to me - such as enforcing the law & ensuring taxpayer dollars are spent appropriately. I assume his FB page shows all the support he has from people who have actually worked in law enforcement with him. Past performance is always a good indicator of one's capabilities. I believe he is the only candidate who can beat Dupnik. He definitely has my vote!

Unknown said...

Victorian Cowgirl...

Thank you for sharing that "like" of Mr. Napier. That changes my vote.

Mark Napier said...

Hello everyone, I would very much appreciate your support. It is time for a new Sheriff. Best regards, Mark

Nombe Watanabe said...

I do not understand why the office of sheriff is listed as D or R.

The Sheriff should not be associated with a political party.

Mark Napier said...

Victorian Cowgirl and all, I realize that we had our differences when I ran for Town Council. That was at least partly my fault for not sharing my positions with you and not making more effort to let you know more about me. This is a new race. The office of Pima County Sheriff is important to all of us. I invite you to look at my website (www.marknapier4sheriff.org) and look at my background relevant to being your Sheriff. I want to earn your support. It matters to me. We will never agree on everything, and that is fine. I humbly ask that you give me a reasonable look and see if you cannot get behind me. If you have questions you would like answered, e-mail me (markdnapier@gmail.com) and I will respond to you. Faveaunts, thank you for the vote of confidence.

Best regards,

Mark