Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Guest View-Pat Straney: Why I Want To Be Your Mayor

As we approach the high energy season of the 2014 election cycle, several thoughts come to mind. I realize how fortunate I am to be a citizen of the United States of America, with all of our freedoms and inalienable rights. Along with this freedom comes responsibility and accountability.

I decided to seek office as Your Mayor for many reasons.

Foremost, as a resident of this extraordinary community that is Oro Valley, I consider it an honor as a responsible citizen to have the opportunity to provide the leadership, integrity, vision, and commitment required to help guide Oro Valley to a sustainable higher level of excellence in community services while preserving the history, culture and uniqueness that define Oro Valley.

A key component of my leadership will be the consideration of the needs of all residents, interests well beyond a focus on special interest segments of our Town. I hold the position of Mayor in high regard. I will work to ensure that important key issues facing the Town of Oro Valley are fully vetted.

I believe that energetic debate, discussion and consideration of alternate points of view will lead us toward a shared vision; a dialogue in which important issues can be resolved through compromise, cooperation and teamwork. I look forward to the lively “Community Conversations.”

I have had the pleasure of serving as the President of the Rancho Vistoso Home Owners Association Board for the past seven years. During this time, I have learned a lot about community management and governance. Rancho Vistoso has witnessed exceptional growth centered on a solid fiscal policy. This was achieved in large part because of the commitment of many volunteers who gave unselfishly of their time and talents. I will work to implement that cohesiveness for the entire Town of Oro Valley. A community is stronger because of its citizen’s active involvement.

Although my management experience was honed in a large corporate structure, I fully understand the needs of small business and will seek “value added” opportunities that empower and expand the capabilities and success of our small and large business community in a consistent and mutually beneficial way. In addition, I believe that my extensive and proven “large organization” business skills have direct application to on-going development of excellence in municipal government.

Please join me in making Oro valley the best that it can be for all residents and businesses alike: “The Place to Live, Work and Play” in Southern Arizona.

I appreciate your consideration in this election.

Please visit my website, www.VotePatStraneyMayor.com, for more information.

Thank you for your support!

Patrick (Pat) Straney
Candidate for Mayor
Oro Valley, AZ.

---

No comments: